Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thing 17

What I began noticing as I checked out some wikis was the amount of information packed into each site. I looked into Art 4cast which was a collaborativee effort involving 30 teachers. The main page had all the topics such as scheduling and calendars, art curriculum and lessons being taught, suggested sites and resources for art teachers. Each of these topics led to others. An hour had gone by and I had't even made it through all the content. I liked Creative Web Tools for and by kids(8-12yrs,) which provided an on-line gallery and dialogue. A Dutch art ed site offered a pay for art lessons wiki..something I had never thought of but might consider at some point?? It was apparent that many of the web 2.0 tools we have explored are a big part of the wikis.

2 comments:

  1. "It was apparent that many of the web 2.0 tools we have explored are a big part of the wikis."

    Excellent point. Some of the wikis that people get excited about actual use other Web 2.0 tools to achieve their grandeur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you enjoyed your explorations of wikis. Do you think that you will set up a wiki with you students?

    ReplyDelete