Saturday, March 13, 2010
Thing 18
This exercise started out fairly simple as I chose the easy option. I added my favorites to TV shows, vacations and favorite animals. It was fun to read what others wrote although it lacked the collaborative element that I thought was an advantage in a wiki. I decided to create my own wiki and so joined wikispaces and tried setting up my own. This was not so simple and I spent a lot of time trying to navigate the site and trying different tools. I thought it might be a good way to do some departmental planning and that is a possibility I would like to explore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A wiki would be good to use within a department. Another choice is a shared notebook in OneNote. OneNote definitely is not Web 2.0 but there is a certain ease of use to it. The wiki has the advantage of being online and editable by anyone with an internet connection.
ReplyDeleteYour department thrives on collaboration. Use a wiki or OneNote would be a great choice your group.
ReplyDelete